An in-person Commencement ceremony is being scheduled for Saturday, August 8, and Cabrini will host a virtual conferral of degrees and celebration of our graduates’ achievements on May 17. More information on this will be forthcoming.
A virtual conferral of degrees for the Class of 2020, both graduate and undergraduate, will take place on Sunday, May 17, 2020.
1) Will Commencement Kick-Off still occur on April 15th?
No. Commencement Kick-Off is canceled. As noted below, graduates will receive the materials that they need through the mail.
2) Will there be any graduation events scheduled to occur in May 2020?
Yes. During the week of May 11th – 17th, the office of Student Engagement and Leadership will be sponsoring virtual Senior Week events and programs. Information about events, dates and times will be forthcoming.
On Sunday, May 17th, Dr. Taylor, University President, will be virtually conferring degrees for undergraduate and graduate students, and announcing the names of academic award recipients and those who have received Who’s Who recognition. More information will be forthcoming.
3) Will Commencement ceremonies be held this year?
Yes. The graduation ceremonies originally scheduled for Sunday, May 17th, have been rescheduled to occur on Saturday, August 8, 2020. The ceremony for Bachelor’s degree recipients will be held on-campus that day at 10:00 a.m. The graduation ceremony for Master’s and Doctoral degree recipients will be held on campus the same day at 2:00 p.m.
4) Will other ceremonies and gatherings usually associated with Commencement weekend be held?
No. The Who’s Who recognition brunch, the Graduation Mass and the Hooding Ceremony have been canceled.
5) Are there any requirements for graduation that I should be aware of?
Yes. Please go to the following link to find information about requirements that must be completed for Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and the Registrar’s Office in order to graduate: cabrini.edu/about/departments/student-life/commencement. Click on the link on the left side “Information for Graduates”.
6) When and how will I receive my academic attire (cap, gown and hood)?
Herff-Jones, the company that supplies our academic attire, is in the process of developing a website that will allow you to log-in and order your attire. After receiving your order, they will mail it to you at the address that you provide. The timing of the delivery depends on when the development of their ordering website is completed. Currently, they are projecting late May or early June. You will be notified when the on-line ordering system is available.
If you wish to order a class ring or a diploma frame, you will also be able to order those items through the Herff-Jones website.
7) Will guest tickets and parking passes still be required for the August Bachelor’s degree ceremony?
Yes. Each undergraduate will receive four (4) guest admission tickets to the Bachelor’s ceremony on August 8, 2020. As the tickets for the original May ceremony have already been printed, they will be distributed and can be used for admission to the August ceremony. Guests without admission tickets will be directed to the on-campus site where the ceremony will be live-streamed. All guests entering the Field House are required to have a ticket, including children being held and in carriers.
8) How will I receive the parking passes, tickets, and announcements?
Student Life will be mailing the tickets, parking passes and Commencement announcements to undergraduates.
Graduate and Doctoral candidates do not require tickets or parking passes, but will receive their Commencement announcements in the mail.
9) Will the printed Commencement announcements have the August graduation date on them
The announcements that Student Life will be mailing to you will have the May graduation date on them because they have already been printed. However, if you wish to print out announcements with the August date, please go to cabrini.edu/about/departments/student-life/commencement, and click on the printable announcements link on the left-hand side of the page.
10) Where will Commencement take place on August 8th?
Both the undergraduate and graduate Commencement ceremonies will take place in the Nerney Field House located in the Dixon Center.
11) What should I do that day?
Undergraduate students should report to the Dixon Center, second-floor Fitness area, no later than 9:15 a.m. The line-up for the procession will begin promptly at 9:50 am. Staff and faculty will be there to help with your attire. You will line up by degree. If you would like to sit next to a friend, please have them stand in front of, or behind you, in the procession.
Master’s and Doctoral degree candidates should report to the Dixon Center, second-floor Fitness area, no later than 1:15 p.m. Line-up for the procession will begin promptly at 1:50 p.m. Staff and faculty will be there to help with your attire.
DOCTORAL CANDIDATES: Please carry your hood over your arm, as you will be hooded on stage.
12) What are the parking arrangements for Commencement?
Undergraduates will receive two (2) parking passes in the mail with their guest admission tickets and printed graduation announcements. One ticket can be used for parking on the main campus, and the second for remote parking at Eastern University. Guests arriving without a parking pass will be directed to park at Eastern. Shuttles will be available to transport guests to Cabrini’s campus before and after the ceremony.
13) Are there provisions for handicapped parking?
Yes. If a guest has a handicapped parking placard, they must display it in order to park on the main campus in designated handicapped parking spaces that are located in the Dixon Center parking lot. Those in need of a handicapped parking pass should contact Carmel-Jo Madonna at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-902-8416, and she will mail one to you.
14) Are there accommodations for graduates or guests with disabilities?
If you or one of your guests require accommodations for a disability, other than parking, please contact Carmel-Jo Madonna at email@example.com or 610-902-8416. Handicapped seating will be available at the ceremonies.
15) Are there other details that I should know about?
Yes. Please note the following:
- Students will receive diploma covers at the ceremonies.
- The Registrar’s Office will mail diplomas to graduates in July.
- Graduate Images will be present to capture a photo of you with your diploma cover and President Taylor, and an individual picture of you when exiting the stage. They will contact you directly with information about how you can order and purchase the photos after graduation.
- Families wishing to purchase flowers for their graduate on Commencement Day can pre-order bouquets on-line at thecommencementgroup.com/cabriniu. All proceeds benefit the Alumni Association’s Endowed Scholarship fund.
Please see the Commencement newsletters posted on-line for the May graduation at cabrini.edu/about/departments/student-life/commencement. Some of the details that applied to the May ceremonies are equally applicable to the August 8th ceremonies.
To graduate from Cabrini University, students must fulfill credit requirements for the department and core curriculum.
Applying for Graduation
All students, regardless of participation in Commencement, must apply to graduate.
Senior leaders can apply for the Mother Ursula Award.
Senior Class Gift
Each year, Cabrini’s graduating class has the opportunity to come together and leave a legacy through a Senior Class Gift.