The Student Organization Funding Committee oversees Student Government Association funding.
Funding requests will only be accepted for general programming that is open to all undergraduate students.
- Only recognized clubs are considered for SGA funding.
- Clubs requesting funding must have an advisor’s signature.
- Funding will not be provided for alcohol, membership dues, or charitable donations.
Clubs receiving funding from another source on campus will be considered after all other clubs are allocated funds.
All proposals must be submitted with as much supporting detail as possible.
If inadequate information is provided, the request could be returned for further revisions. This might delay approval and affect the amount of funding.
A limited amount of funds are available, so the more detailed the request, the better the chances for receiving funding.
These criteria are all of equal importance and are guidelines to help clubs be more successful when preparing a request.
The Club’s Track Record:
- Have you spent funds according to the guidelines?
- Have you successfully held this event before?
- Do you publicize well?
- Do you involve your membership in decision-making?
- Have you attempted to fundraise?
- Is this event or activity open to everyone?
- Does the event bring something new and exciting to campus?
- How many people will be affected by your program or event?
- Did you provide a detailed budget request?
- Did you do the legwork and prior planning to submit a well-detailed request?
Requests for funding must be submitted and approved online at least three weeks prior to the date funds are needed.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.