Campus Expectations and Guidelines
We are taking every precaution to maximize the safety of everyone who enters the Cabrini University campus. It is a matter of public health that the health and safety of all Cabrini University members, and subsequently that of all those with whom our community members interact, be protected and preserved.
Cabrini University’s guidelines adhere to protocols issued by Governor Tom Wolf and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and follow best practices as presented by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as state and local health officials.
Personal Safety Practices
- Wear a face mask covering your mouth and nose at all times when you are outside of your vehicle, unless actively eating or drinking. If actively eating or drinking, your mask should be worn as soon as you have finished.
- Keep a physical distance of six feet from others at all times.
- Use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60 percent alcohol before exiting your vehicle.
Do not visit campus if:
- You have a COVID-19 diagnosis, until you have been symptom-free for at 24 hours (including resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medication) and at least 10 days after symptom onset. If you are asymptomatic, you should not visit campus until at least 10 days after the positive COVID-19 test result.
- You are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, including, but not limited to temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fever; chills; fatigue; repeated shaking with chills; runny nose or new sinus congestion; muscle pain; headache; sore throat; unexplained gastrointestinal symptoms; or loss of taste or smell.
- You have traveled to a region where COVID-19 cases are rising (as listed on the Pennsylvania Department of Health website) within the past two weeks
- You have been exposed to a person diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past two weeks
Visitors, including delivery persons and ride share drivers, are not allowed to enter campus buildings unless making a pre-authorized bulk delivery.
Deliveries: We encourage online or contactless payment whenever possible.
- Smaller deliveries: Meet the person you are delivering to at a designated outdoor location.
- Large deliveries: Arrange for your contact person to meet you at the door of the building where you’re making the delivery.
Ride share: Your fare should meet you outside at their designated pick-up location.
Personal visitors: The person you are visiting should meet you at an outdoor location. Cabrini has extended its no visitor policy in residence halls (external and from other residence halls) until the end of the semester. Throughout the semester, visits by family members in the residence halls will be limited to assistance with pick up and drop off of items only.
Arrival on Campus
Weekdays (Monday through Friday) between 6am and 8pm, the King of Prussia Road and Upper Gulph Road entrances are accessible.
Weekdays between 8pm and 6am and on weekends (8pm Friday through 6am Monday) are considered after hours. All visitors must enter and exit the campus through the Upper Gulph Road entrance.
When arriving, proceed through the Welcome Center/Guard Station, which is manned by a Public Safety Officer after hours. Please slowly approach the gate and stop where directed.
If you have a Cabrini ID or Cabrini escort in the vehicle:
- Show a current Cabrini ID card to the Public Safety Officer to gain access to campus.
- All occupants of the vehicle must provide a photo ID; the vehicle’s driver must provide a valid driver’s license and destination/visit information.
- Any student who does not have a current Cabrini ID will be directed to the Public Safety Office in Maguire Hall, where an ID will be made.
- Park your vehicle in the Dixon Center Parking Lot and enjoy your campus visit.
If you do not have a Cabrini escort in the vehicle:
- Show a valid photo ID and check in with the Public Safety Officer to confirm your visit is registered and the name of the person you visiting.
- All occupants of the vehicle must provide a photo ID; the vehicle’s driver must provide a valid driver’s license and destination/visit information (i.e., who you’re visiting).
- Park your vehicle in the Dixon Center Parking Lot and call or message the person you intend to see to let them know you have arrived. Enjoy your campus visit.
Visitors should register their vehicles with Public Safety (Maguire Hall, 610.902.8111).
Cabrini community members who are expecting visitors (including ride share and deliveries) after hours:
Register all visitors with Public Safety (610.902.8111). If you do not register your visitor with Public Safety, dispatch may call you directly to confirm the necessary information. If you cannot confirm the visitor, they will not be granted access to campus.
Visitors without a Cabrini ID will register at the Welcome Center/Gate House, where they will be asked to provide a valid photo ID (the driver must have a valid driver’s license) and the name of the person they are visiting. Visitors without this information will not be granted access to campus.
We appreciate your consideration and patience as we work to ensure the safety of our community and campus visitors.
For more information, please explore cabrini.edu/return2020.