To apply for need-based aid, students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year.
- The FAFSA and related information are available at fafsa.gov
- Cabrini’s federal school code is 003241
You are not charged a fee for completing the form, you do not have to apply or be accepted to attend Cabrini first, and applying for financial aid does not commit you to any funding liability to Cabrini or any other institution. If you ultimately choose not to attend Cabrini, there is no risk.
The FAFSA asks for information about:
- the student’s income and assets
- the student’s parent's income and assets
- number of people in the family
- if anyone else will be attending college at the same time
- other variables to determine financial need
All information supplied on the FAFSA is confidential.
The FAFSA data is submitted to the Department of Education and they calculate the Expected Family Contribution (EFC). This number is used to determine the student's demonstrated financial need.
Cabrini’s Financial Aid Office uses this data to determine eligibility for financial aid awards and mails a financial aid award letter to the student.
Students must create a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID at fsaid.ed.gov to log in and submit/update FAFSA information. Parents of dependent students must also create their own unique Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID at fsaid.ed.gov.
- Pennsylvania residents must file the FAFSA by May 1 in order to be considered for state grant funding during the next academic year
- Students should complete a FAFSA every year, not just before their first year at Cabrini
If you are a non citizen or DACA student please visit our Non-Citizen/DACA page for further information regarding financial aid.
If you need help completing the FAFSA please contact the financial aid office to schedule an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org