For events with an expected attendance of 75 or more, set a meeting four to six weeks before the event with the Assistant Director of Conferences and Events and the Catering Director.
Before the meeting, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you have a clear timeline of your event?
- Have you checked with the divisional Master Calendar contact to put this event on the Master Calendar?
- Approximately how many people do you expect to attend?
- What are your space needs?
- All spaces should be reserved with Scheduling Manager before meeting is planned.
- What set up will you need for each location, and do you have a diagram?
- Tables, chairs, stage, coat racks, flags, backdrop, extension cords, easels, etc.
- What are your sound needs?
- Podium, podium with microphone, microphones, wireless microphones
- What time do you need ITR to be present and where?
- Does anyone from off campus need wireless internet access?
- What media is being used for presentation (USB drive, DVD, internet, etc.)?
- Will you need remote controls for PowerPoint presentations or Cabrini laptops?
- Do you need signage directing people to parking or other signage?
- Do you need parking assistance from Public Safety?
- Do you have a shuttle? If so what is your plan?
- What is your rain plan?
- What are your dining services needs?
- Are you having a snack break?
- Do you need tablecloths?
- Do you need flowers?
- Do you need a photographer?
- Marketing & Communications can help arrange a professional photographer.
- Does your external organization/speaker have any specific needs for any of the categories above?