In June 2018, site work and construction will start on parking structure and residence hall.
In December 2017, phase two of the Campus Master Plan was approved by Radnor Township.
In June 2017, after earning a strong BBB+ rating from Standard & Poor’s (S&P), Cabrini refinanced its existing debt which will further support initiatives of the Campus Master Plan.
On Aug. 29, 2016, the Athletics & Recreation Pavilion at the Dixon Center officially opened with a ribbon cutting.
In September 2016, Cabrini was awarded $1 million in state funds to further support a pedestrian-centric campus. (Link)
Cabrini received preliminary approval on the first phase of the Master Plan from the Radnor Township Planning Commission on Dec. 4, 2012, and from the Township’s Board of Commissioners on Jan. 7, 2013:
- Construction of two parking structures
- Expansion of the current Dixon Center
- Construction of a new Campus Center
On Oct. 18, 2013, Cabrini’s Board of Trustees voted unanimously to move forward with an expanded Dixon Center.
Cabrini now will seek further approvals from the Township and other regulatory bodies, develop detailed plans for the expansion, and complete a fundraising plan around this much-needed improvement to the campus.
In May 2011, Cabrini submitted a land-development plan to Radnor Township for approval. The project originally included a parking structure at the southern end of campus along Eagle Road (across from Eastern University).
- During the summer of 2011, Cabrini held meetings with neighbors to get feedback on the land-development plan.
- Cabrini presented the plan to the Planning Commission in February 2012.
- After the commission and neighbors expressed concerns over the location of the structure and a proposed additional entrance on Eagle Road, Cabrini held more meetings with neighbors to better understand their concerns.
In June 2012, Cabrini unveiled an alternative plan to the original parking structure plan, with two structures and no additional campus entrances.
- This plan gained the support of neighbors and received a positive response from the Planning Commission in August 2012.
- The August presentation to the Planning Commission also included the Campus Center and Dixon Center expansion.
In October, the Radnor Shade Tree Commission expressed approval for Cabrini’s application.
- On Nov. 5, Cabrini again presented to the Planning Commission, requesting preliminary approval of the plan. The Commission did not act on the application and requested more detail and information.
- Cabrini received preliminary approval on the first phase of the Master Plan from the Radnor Township Planning Commission on Dec. 4, 2012.
- Cabrini presented the land-development plan to the township’s Board of Commissioners on Dec. 17.
The Township’s Board of Commissioners granted preliminary approval on the land-development plan—which includes two parking structures—on Jan. 7, 2013.