Psychological Disability Support
Cabrini recognizes its responsibility to ensure that facilities, programs, services, and activities are accessible.
- Students with psychological disabilities may arrange for classroom, testing, and program accommodations when appropriate.
- Students who require these accommodations should contact the Director of the Disability Resource Center as early as possible.
Documentation of a Psychological Disability
To document a psychological disability, a student must submit a current report based on a comprehensive evaluation performed by an appropriate professional (e.g., psychiatrist and licensed psychologist or clinical social worker).
All documentation must:
- be submitted to the Director
- be on letterhead stationery
- include the signature, title, and credentials of the professional conducting the evaluation
The evaluation must include the following information:
- DSM IV diagnosis including procedures and instruments used to make the diagnosis
- summary of evaluation results, relevant history, and treatment (including current medications)
- identification of functional limitations caused by the disability in a higher-education environment
- recommendations for appropriate accommodations to help compensate for the disability and for what length of time
The Counseling and Psychological Services Office assists students with individual and group counseling, as well as official policies regarding medication and treatment.