Physical Disability Support
Cabrini recognizes its responsibility to ensure that facilities, programs, services, and activities are accessible.
Students with physical disabilities may arrange for accommodations related to classrooms, testing, and programs when appropriate.
- Students who require these accommodations should contact the Director of the Disability Resource Center.
- Appropriate accommodations might require ample planning, so early notice is essential.
Assistance with physical access to classrooms, offices, and buildings is also available from Public Safety when necessary.
- To arrange for handicap parking, students should contact Public Safety.
- Students with temporary disabilities should contact Health Services or the Disability Resource Center.
All documentation must:
- be submitted to the Director
- be on letterhead stationery
- include the signature, title, and credentials of the professional conducting the evaluation
Special Housing Requests
Requests for accommodations in housing are carefully evaluated on a case-by-case basis to ensure equal access to campus residences for students with disabilities.
Current documentation from an appropriate professional confirming a disability, identifying the specific impact in a residential setting, and recommending appropriate accommodations may be required.
- This documentation should be submitted every year to the Director of the Disability Resource Center, who will forward the request to Residence Life.
- Accommodations should be requested well in advance.
- New students with disabilities who require accommodations for housing must indicate their needs on the housing application.
When reviewing requests for special room assignments, the following concerns will be given the greatest priority:
- equipment needs, such as wheelchairs, lifts, and/or assistive technology
- medical needs of a personal nature, requiring privacy and/or an assistant
Cabrini does not provide personal care services for students with disabilities, but does recognize the need for some students to arrange for personal attendant care while on campus.