Disability Resource Center (DRC)
Success in life should not be restrained by individual limitations. Cabrini is firmly committed to offering support and appropriate accommodation to qualified students with disabilities.
A person with a disability is someone who has an impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities (e.g., walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, learning, working).
A Student Accessiblity Specialist is available to provide personal academic support, as are classroom accommodations such as extended test-taking time and lecture recordings.
- Disclosure of a disability is voluntary and treated with the utmost confidentiality.
- Eligibility for support services requires a current, relevant, and full evaluation from a qualified professional.
Cabrini is not required to make modifications that it can demonstrate would substantially alter an essential element of the curriculum.
Classroom and program accommodations may include the following:
- the use of a calculator when appropriate
- spell-checker, tape recorder, or note-taker
- alternative formats for print materials
- interpreters, adaptive equipment, or assistive technology
- substitution of specific required courses
In order to obtain accommodations, please complete and submit the DRC Support Services Application provided here.
The Disability Resource Center (DRC) now offers two levels of services- services included with tuition and more supportive fee for services offered in our Access Plus A+ Program . Please click on this link for more information.