Counseling sessions are scheduled by appointment only, typically on the hour, and last up to 50 minutes.
Due to high demand for services, same-day appointments are often not available, except for crisis intervention services.
Counseling and Psychological Services offers short-term counseling and prevention services, free of charge, to currently registered Cabrini University students. These services include:
- Initial Consultations/Intake Evaluation with Treatment Recommendations
- Short-Term Individual and Couples Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Crisis Consultation and Intervention
- Walk-In Consultations for Urgent Concerns
- Referral for Longer-Term Therapy or Specialized Services
In situations requiring treatment beyond the scope of the services CAPS is able to provide (including longer-term individual therapy, specialized treatment services, and comprehensive evaluations), staff will discuss treatment recommendations and referrals with the student, as well as assist the student in obtaining appropriate services to the best of our abilities.
- To schedule an Initial Consultation appointment, visit our office in person in Grace Hall Room 174, or contact us over the phone (610.902.8561). After scheduling an appointment, please complete either the Initial Intake or Follow Up forms online:
- Please plan to spend at least 30 minutes to complete the online forms.
- The system is only available from within the Cabrini wireless network.
- Do not use the back arrow button or Enter.
- At the end of each page, select Next only.
- Once you begin completing the forms, you must complete them within 3 hours or else you will need to start again.
- If you are unable to complete the online forms before your first appointment, please arrive 30 minutes early to complete them in the office.
Subsequent appointments can be scheduled by phone or email.
Walk-in consultations for urgent needs are available Monday–Friday 12:00–1:00PM during the academic year.
This urgent consultation is usually a brief meeting (approximately 15 minutes) with a counselor to assess needs and set up a follow-up appointment.
- In case of an emergency or urgent crisis, do not hesitate to come to the office.