Body Image Coalition
The Body Image Coalition (BIC) at Cabrini University is a student-led group that guides and educates the campus community towards a lifestyle rich with body acceptance, wellness, and support.
Founded in 2007 by Andrea J. Sussel, LCSW, we address issues and attitudes in our society related to eating habits and body image that can exert undue pressure to conform to the thin or “perfect” ideal.
Cabrini offers free counseling for all students, as well as a safe and confidential place to share concerns and struggles with body image and relationships with food through a Body Image Support Group.
For medical treatment and evaluation, nutritional assessments, and support with weight maintenance, students should contact Health Services.
For fitness training strategies, students should contact Jess Huda in Athletics and Recreation (610.902.8318 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- President: Paige Wagner (email@example.com)
- Social Media Coordinator: Jordan Clothier (Jclouthier20151992@gmail.com)
- Event Planner: Nia Alvarez-Mapp (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Treasurer: Cali-Ani Diaz (email@example.com)
- Faculty Advisor: Michelle-Filling Brown, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org, 610.902.8121)
- Staff Advisor: Eliza Costoso, Psy.D (email@example.com, 610-902-8561)
- Health Services: Susan Fitzgerald, RN (firstname.lastname@example.org, 610.902.8400)
- Student-Athlete Wellness: Coach Jackie Neary (email@example.com, 610.225.3908)