Student Refunds on Credit Balances
Credit Balance Policy
If you are eligible to receive a refund based on excess financial aid or a withdrawal from class(es) or the University, you will be issued a refund. If you receive your financial aid disbursement prior to tuition assistance, all tuition, fees, room and board will be deducted out of the financial aid refund first. If Cabrini University refunds more money than you are eligible to receive, you are responsible for payment back to the University.
When will I receive my refund?
If you have a credit balance on your account, you will automatically be refunded any eligible amounts. If you wish to leave the credit balance on your account, you may do so by emailing email@example.com and requesting which term the refund should be applied.
Cabrini University offers two refund options. You may choose to receive refunds in the form of direct deposit or check. If no preference is indicated, a check will be mailed. Even if you are not expecting a refund today, signing up now will ensure receiving future funds quickly.
Direct deposit can be used at any United States financial institution with electronic funds transfer capabilities as most banks participate in the electronic funds transfer network. The benefits of this option include:
- You won't have to wait for a check to arrive in the mail.
- The funds will be immediately available in the account of your choice- no trip to the bank is necessary.
- You can view the status of your disbursement through Cabrini’s online portal.
Direct Deposit - Sign up
- Sign up for direct deposit by logging to portal.cabrini.edu,
- Select "Students" Tab,
- Select "E-Bill/Payment ,and click "Electronic Refunds" on the right hand side
- If you choose check as your refund option, it will be mailed to you once information is processed by the Accounts Payable department.
- It is important that you keep your home address up to date. You can update your address in your portal at portal.cabrini.edu.
- Refund checks should be cashed promptly. Refunds checks dated over 90 days (3 months) will be stale-dated.
- Federal guidelines for Federal Title IV funds require Cabrini University to return funds from stale-dated refund checks to the federal program which generated the refund. Cabrini University may not be able to request the return of Federal Title IV funds.
- Upon request, Cabrini University can re-issue funds from stale-dated refund checks.