The accounts receivable area of the Business Office manages the cashiering, billing, collection, and student account services functions of the University.
All deposits must be hand-delivered to the Cavalier Express Center within one business day of receipt of coin, cash, check, or credit card transactions.
Each deposit must be accompanied by a transmittal form completed with the department name, preparer, amount, purpose, and correct Banner budget number to credit.
All transmittal forms must be signed on the prepared by line. List the individual amounts for checks, cash, coin, and credit cards on the appropriate lines.
- A list all checks (in writing, adding machine tape, or spreadsheet) must be attached to the transmittal form.
- Cash/coin verified when brought to the Cavalier Express Center
- Check and credit card verified when Cavalier Express Center deposits
Deposits are made within one business day of receipt and the Cavalier Express Center will be send a receipt to verify. In case of discrepancies, the department will be notified by phone.
- If cash/coin is present, please provide two copies of the transmittal form. One will be returned as verification for receipt of these amounts.
- All coins must be wrapped in coin wrappers, available from the Cavalier Express Center.
- Any credit card deposits—Visa, MasterCard, and Discover only—must include card holder’s name, account number, expiration date, and address.
In accordance with the Card Holder Information Security Program (CISP), copies of credit card information cannot be kept in the department that received the transaction.