Becoming a Writing Center Tutor
We are always looking for empathetic students with strong communication and study habits interested in supporting their peers in writing.
Though hired candidates only begin working at the start of the fall or spring semester, we consider applicants on a rolling basis, so we invite you to apply at any time.
To express interest in applying or to ask questions, please contact Rebecca Steffy, Writing Center Coordinator, at email@example.com or 610-902-8196.
What you can expect of our hiring process:
- We will collect applications and writing samples electronically and review those applications closely.
- We will schedule an interview with select applicants. Interviews usually take a half hour.
- You will hear from us before the current semester concludes, and we will provide you with information on new tutor training, if applicable.
What we look for in a Writing Center tutor:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve academic success in writing.
- An interest in and empathy for why students may struggle with writing.
- A genuine interest in helping others, sharing knowledge, and collaborating with peers and professional staff.
- Refined listening and communication skills.
- An awareness of fundamental components of college-level writing.