History and Political Science Department
Today’s complex world requires a thorough understanding of historical context and knowledge of various political philosophies. The History and Political Science Department offers majors in American studies, history, and political science that lead to careers in business, government, law, teaching, and archival professions.
Students may receive secondary education certification in social studies with a concentration in history. The department also houses the pre-law advisory program and a concentration in public administration in conjunction with the Business Department.
Internships and Independent Study Options
The Department encourages students to seek internships as part of their intellectual and professional development. A variety of internships and independent study options are available to qualified students, and are based on individual needs, interests, and abilities.
Student internship experiences have included the Welsh Parliament and the U.S. Department of State. Interested students should arrange a meeting with the department chair to discuss their options.
The Washington Center
James Hedtke, PhD, serves as liaison between Cabrini University and the Washington Center, which provides an integrated academic and work experience to prepare students for lives of achievement and civic engagement.
Students who enroll spend an entire semester in Washington, D.C., working in an internship, taking classes, and participating in a scheduled program of activities. This program is open to all majors during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- For more information, contact James Hedtke, PhD, at email@example.com or visit www.twc.edu.
- Careers in History
- Cabrini’s Center for Career and Professional Development
- FBI Employment
- Federal Jobs.Net
- Federal Jobs from USAJobs
- Federal Job Search
- Government Jobs
- Museum Employment Resource Center
- The Washington Center
- U.S. Department of State
- United States Office of Personnel Management
- About the American Civil War
- About Archivists, Curators, Museum Technicians, and Conservators
- About College and University Faculty
- About Lawyers and Judicial Workers
- About Historians, Political Scientists, and Social Scientists
- The Library of Congress
- American Association of Museums
- American Enterprising Institute for Public Policy Research
- American Historical Association
- American Political Science Association
- American Society for Public Administration
- National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration