National Undergraduate Conference on Body Image
October 1, 2020 - NOW IN ONLINE FORMAT
Cabrini University's School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Department of English, and Gender and Body Studies Program invites students and faculty to join us for this free online conference as we continue our exploration of the interdisciplinary field of body studies.
Please note all times are Eastern Standard Time
9:45am-10am – Welcoming Remarks, Dr. Michelle Filling-Brown, Cabrini University
10am-10:30am – Plenary Address, Dr. Mark DeStephano, St. Peter’s University
10:30-10:55 – Presentation and Q&A – Embodied Leadership: Skills for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
Dr. Celia Szelwach, PMP, Cabrini University
10:55-11:05 – Break
11:05am-12:15pm – Panel Presentation
- Self-images related activity on Instagram and young Italian women’s Social Physique Anxiety: The mediating role of Instagram appearance-related comparison, Cristian Di Gesto and Giulia Rosa Policardo, University of Florence (Italy), Department of Health Sciences
- Colonized Bodies and Minds: Madness in Film Adaptations of Wide Sargasso Sea, Hediye Özkan, Aksaray University (Turkey), Western Languages and Literatures
- I love you, but… Verbal commentary on physical appearance and its relationship with couple satisfaction, physical appearance comparison and body evaluation. Giulia Rosa Policardo and Cristian Di Gesto, University of Florence (Italy), Department of Health Sciences
12:15pm-1pm – Lunch Break
1:45-2pm – Break
2pm-3:15pm – Panel Presentation
- The Evolution of BDSM Practices and Stigmatizations Within Modern America
Julia Smith, Cabrini University
- BLACK FAT WOMEN ARE ART
Ceonna Morris-Hayes, Cabrini University
- Coming Out, but Into What?
Brittany Romano, Cabrini University
3:30-4:30 – Body Poetry Slam – All are invited to share spoken word and creative writing during this time of community.
4:30-7pm – Dinner break