The Children’s School
The Children’s School is a pre-school and kindergarten that is part of the Cabrini University Education Division and is staffed by teachers certified in early childhood education.
The Children’s School provides Cabrini students with the opportunity to observe a kindergarten classroom, and be assigned for student teaching and field work experiences.
Throughout the day, children are involved in a variety of developmentally engaging activities, such as storytelling, building, painting, and gardening.
These and many other experiences provide children with opportunities to develop socially, cognitively, and physically as they make connections and develop tools to express themselves.
The Children’s School offers a full-day kindergarten program. In addition to the opportunities for cooperative play available within the learning community, kindergartners extend their learning through mathematical explorations, long-term science projects, and developmentally geared experiences designed to facilitate their reading and writing skills.
We provide nutritious snacks, often prepared by the children themselves. We encourage rest time for children who stay for the afternoon.
Calendar for 2019–20
- Aug. 26: Parent Orientation Meeting (6:30–8:00PM)
- Aug. 27: Parent/Student Visits (A–L: 10–11:30AM & M–Z: 12:30–2:00PM)
- Sept. 3: First Day of School
- Sept. 19 & 20: Picture Days
- Oct. 14: Fall Holiday (no school for students)
- Oct. TBA: Halloween Parade and Activities
- Nov. 25 & 26: Dismissal of All Students at 11:45AM
- Parent/Teacher Conferences from 12:45 to 3:45PM
- Nov. 27–29: Thanksgiving Recess (school closed)
- Dec. 20: Dismissal of All Students at 11:45AM
- Dec. 21–Jan. 1: Winter Recess (school closed)
- Jan. 20: Martin Luther King Day Recess (no school for students)
- Feb. 17: President’s Day Recess (no school for students)
- April 6-13: Spring Recess (school closed)
- May 25: Memorial Day (school closed)
- June 11: Last Day for Students
The Children’s School is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
This accreditation is a distinction granted pre-schools and early-learning centers nationwide who have demonstrated high-quality programs.
The Children’s School of Cabrini University is “one of the first programs in the country to earn the mark of quality represented by the reinvented NAEYC accreditation system.”
Programs are reassessed every five years to ensure that this strong commitment to early childhood education is maintained. Theoretical framework is endorsed by our licensing organization, the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE).
The extensive licensing process addresses all aspects of programming, from curriculum and staff, to health and safety, to scheduling, and more. This process includes an on-site visit.
Programs are re-evaluated every year to ensure that a strong commitment to high-quality early childhood education is maintained and the State Standards are met.
Tuition is broken into 10 monthly payments for your convenience. We offer flexible programming ranging from 2 half days through 5 full days.
- Two half-days: $284.50 per month ($2,845 annually)
- Three half-days: $411.80 per month ($4,118 annually)
- Five half-days: $590.70 per month ($5,907 annually)
- Five full-days: $949.00 per month ($9,490 annually)
Siblings, Cabrini Employees, and Cabrini Alumni are eligible for a discount.