Studio Art Minor
The studio art minor provides students with visual means of creative expression to expand, enhance and refine the skills and knowledge essential for the professional fine artist and to develop the powers of critical analysis.
Requirements for the Minor in Studio Art
(all courses 3 credits unless noted)
- FNA 201 - Art History I or FNA 203 - Art History II*
- FNA 213 - Painting I
- FNA 215 - Drawing I*
- FNA 221 - Two-Dimensional Design
- FNA 313 - Painting II
- FNA 315 - Drawing II*
Total Credits for Minor: 18
*Graphic Design majors choosing to minor in studio art must take six credits of studio art or graphic design electives and three credits of an art history elective instead of FNA 215, FNA 315, FNA 201, or FNA 203, which are required for the major.
- Students should declare a minor in studio art no later than the beginning of the sophomore year.
- Students must obtain art supplies for all studio courses.
- An art fee is charged where noted.