Fine Arts Calendar
Experience the arts at Cabrini University! From performances by renowned musicians and the Cabrini Chorus to art exhibitions and student theatre productions, Cabrini prides itself in being an integral part of the arts in the local community.
Admission is free, and all are welcome.
Events subject to change.
Garrett Hanson - Hail
January 24 - April 4, 2019, in the Gorevin Gallery, Holy Spirit Library
- Opening Reception: January 24, 4:30-6:30pm.
- Artist Talk at 5pm
Roughly 40% of US households have a gun and there are enough guns - approximately 300 million - to arm nearly every man, woman, and child in the country.
Begun in 2015, HAIL is an ongoing series that considers this fact and asks a simple question – what do guns create? Whether looking at individual bullet holes, the remnants of bullets after impact, or the toll that guns take on our communities, HAIL is a project that looks deeply at this issue and asks viewers to directly engage it. In these politically fraught times, this exhibition is an attempt to create a space for thoughtful and considered dialogue around gun violence in America.
Graphic Design Senior Exhibition
April 26 - August 16 2019, in the Gorevin Gallery, Holy Spirit Library
- Opening Reception: April 26, 4:30-6:30pm.
This is the annual student exhibition featuring the work of the 2019 graduating graphic design majors.
Past Musical Performers
- Resident Artists from the Academy of Vocal Arts
- Sheila Browne, Violist, and Barbara Browne, Pianist
- Ching-Yun Hu, Pianist
- Jenny Chen, Pianist
- Dolce Suono Trio
- Fire Pink Trio
- Galina Sakhnovskaya, Soprano, and Mikhail Yanovitsky, Pianist
- William Carr, Pianist
- Richard Amoroso, Violinist
- Sylvia Torán, Pianist
- Young-Ah Tak, Pianist
- The Pennsylvania Symphonic Winds
- Micah Danges, “Front: Back”
- Posters for the People: Art of the WPA 1936-1946
- Matthew Christopher, "Abandoned America: The Age of Consequences"
- Thomas Vance, “Framing Nightingales”
- “The Eye of the Collector: The Jewish Vision of Sigmund R. Balka (Part II)”
- EJ Herczyk, combining computer and hand-painted imagery
- Christine Palnik, “Reduction”
- Michael Willse, “DUMBSTUCK/RESTRUCK: repair, recovery, and reclamations”
- Laura Velez, “PERMISSION: A Collective”
- Dennis Bertram, “Bouquet Skyships”
- Reni Gower -- Tiles and Tessellations
- Yankel Ginsburg
Friends of Cabrini Arts
Are you interested in the arts at Cabrini University?
Learn more about gallery exhibitions, performances, and other arts events on campus.
Friends of Cabrini Arts is a group that recognizes art as a significant aspect of Cabrini students’ collegiate experience and advocates for resources to enhance the arts at Cabrini.
Those who contribute financial support, expertise, or time toward the arts at Cabrini will become a member of Friends of Cabrini Arts.