Leadership Studies Certificate
The Leadership Studies Certificate provides students who are participating in leadership capacities with the opportunity to study leadership theories for academic credit.
Students will have the benefit of “Certificate in Leadership Studies” on their academic transcript when they graduate.
Requirements for the Certificate in Leadership Studies
(all courses 3 credits unless noted)
- LEAD 101 - Foundations of Leadership
- LEAD 201/PSY 201 - Metacognition
or LEAD 212- Group and Team Leadership
or LEAD 303- Global Leadership
- Successful completion of LEADStrong Program (0 credits)
Total credits for certificate: 6
Students who participate in leadership studies at Cabrini should consider some general principles.
- Leadership development is one of the pillars of Cabrini’s mission statement and an institutional imperative.
- Leadership is a way of thinking as much as it is a way of living.
- Leadership of the self is the foundation for leadership development.
- Leadership is about taking responsibility for your own action and the actions of those who you lead. Leaders are willing to hold themselves accountable to take responsibility when things go wrong.
Leadership education should be developmental; it takes time to process and build self‑awareness.
For more information, please contact:
Todd Matthews, PhD
Chair and Associate Professor,
Leadership and Organizational Development
Founder’s Hall, Room 303