International Business Major
The International Business Major is designed to prepare students for a variety of careers working in the increasingly global, interconnected business environment.
Students will be prepared to work in a global economy mastering theory and practice in accounting, ﬁnance, marketing, and management.
All of the business major programs at Cabrini include a common business core which recognizes the ‘enterprise’ nature of today’s business world that integrates the various strategic areas of business.
Requirements for the Major in International Business
(all courses 3 credits unless noted)
Business Core Requirements:
- BUS 120 - Principles of Business
- ECO 131 - Microeconomics
- ECO 132 - Macroeconomics
- ACC 210 - Accounting Principles I
- ACC 211 - Accounting Principles II
- BUS 220 - Quantitative Business Analysis I
- BUS 221 - Quantitative Business Analysis II
- MKT 230 - Principles of Marketing
- FIN 285 - Business Finance I
- BUS 288 - Professional Development I
- BUS 321 - Business Law I
- BUS 351 - Management Information Systems
- BUS 488 - Internship Experience
International Business Requirements:
- LEAD 202 - Global Leadership
- BUS 309 - International Business
- HRM 324 - International Management
- MKT 355 - International Marketing
- FIN 306 - International Finance*
ACC 560/MACC 560 - International Accounting*
- Intermediate Language (200-level or above)
- CCA - International Experience Abroad**
- BUS 460 - International Business Capstone
(with approval of program coordinator)
Total Credits for Major: 60
*Accounting majors/minors will take ACC 560/MAcc 560; all other majors/minors will take FIN 306.
All Business Majors are required to take ENG 234, Writing for Leadership, as their Values Exploration for the Core.
Coupled with the international experience, students will take an intermediate language at the 200 level. This requirement serves to offer students a deeper exposure to the language.
Additionally, it is recommended that students in the major take speciﬁc electives within the core requirements that complement the international business course of study (e.g., Global Ethics, etc.).
Students transferring into the international business program from another college must complete a minimum of 18 Cabrini University Business Department credits, 15 credits of which must be 300-level or above.