The economics minor provides students with a more in-depth knowledge of the economy from an individual business framework to a broad national policy framework.
Students interested in careers in specific segments of the economy, such as with government organizations or private non-profit business, can combine this minor with a major in other areas of business.
Students also may customize the major to meet career interests in everything from sports and recreation, to construction, to managing a family business, to new technological areas through the selection of specific elective courses or minors within and outside of the Business Department.
Requirements for the Minor in Economics
(all courses 3 credits unless noted)
Business Enterprise Core Requirements:
- ECO 131 - Microeconomics
- ECO 132 - Macroeconomics
- BUS 220 - Business Statistics I
- ECO 212 - Environmental Economics
- FIN 302 - Financial Markets
Select one of the following:
- POL 275 - Comparative Economics
- H-ECO 300 - Honors Business Management: The Great Depression
- H-ECO 303 - Honors Business Management: Game Theory
Total Credits for the Minor: 18