Applications are reviewed holistically based on the applicant’s academic record, personal qualities, and supporting documents.
Prospective students may apply to the University via Cabrini's application or through the Common Application:
The Admission Criteria for the Nursing program include:
- All admission requirements for Cabrini University
- Minimum unweighted cumulative grade point average of 3.2 on a 4-point scale
- A Letter of Recommendation from either a Math or Science teacher (or an individual in a science related industry, mentor from a medical program, etc.)
- A nursing specific essay that is 250+ words, responding to the following prompt: "What was your decision making process for choosing the profession of nursing rather than another healthcare profession?"
- At least three years of secondary school math (one of which is Algebra) and two years of secondary school science (Biology and Chemistry)
- Non-native English speakers must provide proof of English language proficiency through:
- Standardized test (SAT/ACT) scores OR
- TOEFL score of at least 79 iBT with consistent sub-section scores* OR
- IELTS score of at least 6.5 with consistent sub-section scores*
* Please request that results are forwarded to Cabrini University's Office
of Admissions directly from the testing agency
Optional, though highly encouraged, for admission into the Nursing Program:
- Standardized test scores (SAT or ACT)—not required but highly encouraged—that reflect a proficiency in math and critical reading, and are consistent with the student’s overall academic performance
- An activities résumé outlining extracurricular activities, medical experience, etc.
All students interested in pursuing the Nursing major (a BSN degree) must formally apply to the program. Nursing program admission is highly competitive and not guaranteed by solely meeting the minimum requirements. Admission to and progression in the major also require the physical and emotional health necessary to fulfill its objectives. Because the program proceeds in a clearly defined pattern that cannot be easily modified, all students are expected to maintain full-time status.
Please contact Devon Miller, Assistant Director, Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.