The mathematics curriculum provides the majors with a solid foundation in both applied and theoretical mathematics.
It develops in students correct and effective reasoning and problem-solving skills for use in business, industry, teaching, or graduate work in mathematics.
Requirements for the minor in Mathematics
- MAT 130 - Calculus I (4 credits)
- MAT 131 - Calculus II (4 credits)
- Mathematics Electives (12 credits) - Four mathematics courses of at least 3 credits each at the 200 level or higher
Total credits for minor: 20–23
- Overall GPA of 2.0 in all required courses.
If the GPA falls below this, the student is placed on probation by the department and has one semester to increase the GPA to the minimum standard. Failing this, the student will be dismissed from the program unless he or she gets an extension from the department chair.
- No grade lower than a C- in a mathematics course will count toward fulfilling the requirements of the minor.