In addition to courses that support the core curriculum, the Mathematics Department also offers a full major and minor in mathematics.
Students graduating with a bachelor’s degree in mathematics are prized for their ability to reason effectively, think logically, and solve problems rationally.
These skills are the foundation for successful careers in business, finance, education, industry, or law, as well as graduate school.
Students who major in mathematics benefit from small class sizes and individualized attention throughout their studies at Cabrini.
Special student interests are encouraged, and courses are often specially designed to meet each student’s needs.
For detailed information about the Math Department, please see the handbook.
Mathematics Honors Program
Students who submit an application for Honors and meet the following Mathematics Department requirements will graduate with Honors in the major:
- active membership in Sigma Zeta
- minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- minimum GPA of 3.5 in mathematics courses
- completion of a research project under the supervision of a full-time faculty member of the Mathematics Department and public presentation of the work
For more information about this honors program, contact the Mathematics Department chair.
The Math Resource Center provides free tutoring by appointment and on a drop-in basis to help with homework, quizzes, and test preparation.
- More information is available at cabrini.edu/mathtutoring.
Careers in Mathematics
Wage comparison for all occupational choices by the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics Math Career Website
- The American Mathematical Society has a page on careers in Mathematics.
- The Mathematical Association of America has several articles on career choices in Mathematics.
- The Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics maintains several resources on Mathematics careers.
- Best Colleges
- Learn How to Become
- We Use Math
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Pennsylvania Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- PA REAP – National School Applications Network
- University HQ
- This is Statistics, sponsored by the American Statistical Association, describes several careers in statistical analysis.
- US News ranks statistician as one of the best jobs.