Woodcrest Magazine is published annually and offers opportunities for student expression in poetry, screenplay, fiction, and non-fiction writing.
- Visit the Woodcrest Magazine website at woodcrestmagazine.com.
Students in Cabrini’s Writing and Narrative Arts Department, as well as non-majors interested in extracurricular involvement, participate in the entire editorial and production process and develop valuable writing and publishing skills.
In addition, students participating in the Woodcrest Practicum (ENG 356) have the opportunity to participate in co-curricular activities that have become a mainstay of Cabrini’s residential life.
Recent activities have included:
- literary walking tours of New York and Washington, D.C.
- theater excursions to Philadelphia, Baltimore, and New York to see contemporary and classical productions
- popular Literary Philadelphia Saturday Seminars
- spoken-word concerts
- visiting writer and student writer reading series
Cabrini’s student literary magazine earned the highest honor from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association at the annual College Media Advisors Convention for exemplary writing/editing, design, content, photography, and art.