Institutional Review Board Committee
In order to meet federal guidelines and to ensure diversity, the membership must include a group of people of varying disciplines and backgrounds. Specifically, there must be members who represent each of the schools at the university (BAM, HSS, and NSAH). There must also be at least one external member not affiliated with Cabrini University. Each member will serve a term of 3 years and a maximum of 2 terms. If a member is scheduled for leave or sabbatical, a substitute with a similar background will be appointed for the period of the leave. All members must complete IRB training that is renewed every 3 years.
A member will not participate in the Board’s initial or continuing review of any project in which the member has a conflicting interest, except to provide information requested.
An IRB may, in its discretion, invite individuals with competence in special areas to assist in the review of issues which require expertise beyond or in addition to that available on the IRB. These individuals may not vote.
Current members include:
Ruta Clair – Co-chair
David Madway - Co-chair
- Guang Yang - BPS Representative
- Rasheeda Ahmad - EDU representative
- Lyn Bernato – EDU representative
- Michelle Szpara – EDU representative
- Maia Magrakvelidze - AS representative
- Bethany Van Brown – AS representative
- Guang Yang - AS representative
- Elizabeth Brenner - Director of Research
- Stacy McDonald – External (Holy Family University)