In light of the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Cabrini University Jordan Center recognizes the uncertainty, stress and unique situations many families and educators are facing. The Jordan Center is committed to supporting communities during this unprecedented time and is offering a list of resources as a way to address the needs that individuals may be facing. Please feel free to use our contact information at the bottom of this page with specific questions or concerns.
Plethora of Resources on Websites: The following websites are committed to supporting children of trauma and their families. The sites are updated on a regular basis and provide best practices and research-driven practices for children and families affected by trauma.
The National Child Traumatic Stress Network: The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
Sesame Street Communities: Home - Sesame Street in Communities - Sesame Street in Communities
ACEs Connections: ACEsConnection: Home
Edutopia: Edutopia: Home
Mission: Furthering Cabrini’s Education of the Heart, the Center for Children of Trauma and Domestic Violence Education strives to end domestic violence and support children of trauma by promoting social change through professional development, training, education, research, and community.
Activities for the Jordan Center:
• Provide professional development and training for educators, social workers, coaches, teacher leaders, and other advocates about domestic violence and the effects of trauma on children
• Host annual symposia to further spread the distinctive work of the Center to help children of trauma and end domestic violence
• Obtain funding and grants to further educate others about children of trauma and domestic violence awareness
• Expand research in the field of domestic violence education
• Advocate locally, nationally, and internationally for children of trauma and domestic violence
• Partner with community agencies to provide support for victims of domestic violence
Contact the Jordan Center: