18th Annual Arts, Research & Scholarship Symposium
Tuesday, April 30, 2024
Symposium logo for students' use for Poster and Oral Presentations: Coming soon
|9am||Student Set-up||Dixon Center - Nerney Pavilion|
|9:30–9:45am||Welcome and Introductions||Dixon Center - Nerney Field House|
|9:45–11:30am||Poster Presentations||Dixon Center - Nerney Field House|
|10:30–11:30am||Graphic Design Artwork Exhibition||Gorevin Gallery, Holy Spirit Library|
|12:30–4pm||Oral Presentations||Founder’s Hall - various locations|
|4:30–6pm||Pierce Fellows Project Presentations: Hunger and Food Insecurity||Iadorola Center - Lecture Hall|
|5pm–5:15pm||Welcome and Introductions||Grace Hall Atrium|
|5:30–6:30pm||Student Presentations, Session 1||Hyflex (online and in-person)|
|6:45–7:45pm||Student Presentations, Session 2||Hyflex (online and in-person)|
|8–9pm||Alumni Presentations||Iadorola Center - Lecture Hall|
The Annual Arts, Research, and Scholarship Symposium provides the opportunity to showcase student work, both undergraduate and graduate in a campus-wide forum.
- Both undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to submit proposals.
- Student work can be from any term of this Academic Year. The timeline for submission is available here.
- The proposal will be reviewed and approved by the faculty sponsor (usually the course professor) before acceptance.
- Students’ work can be showcased as a poster or as an oral presentation. Poster guidelines can be found here.
- Presentations can include a signature assignment, group work, or a capstone project (completed or in-progress). Presentation guidelines can be found here.
- Guidelines for the use of human subjects in research can be found here.
Timeline for Spring 2024
Early Spring 2024
Student submits the IRB application, if using human subjects in their work. cabrini.edu/IRB
Submit Symposium Proposals at cabrini.edu/StudentProposalForm
Spring II student submission deadline: April 8
Faculty sponsor reviews and submits final approval for inclusion in the Symposium Program using electronic form provided by organizing committee.
Faculty reviews for spring II course submissions: April 15
18th Annual Arts, Research, and Scholarship Symposium
On Tuesday, May 2, 2023, Cabrini celebrated our 17th Annual Arts and Research Symposium. Please click on the following links to view the: 2023 Undergraduate Symposium Program, Graduate Symposium Program, 2023 Undergraduate Abstract Book, 2023 Graduate Abstract Book, and the 2023 Research Journal.
On Tuesday, May 3, 2022, Cabrini celebrated our third remote Arts and Research Symposium. Please click on the following links to view the: 2022 Undergraduate and Graduate Symposium Program, Abstract Book, and the 2022 Research Journal.
On Tuesday, May 4, 2021, Cabrini celebrated our second remote Arts and Research Symposium. Please click on the following links to view the: 2021 Undergraduate and Graduate Symposium Program and the 2021 Research Journal - PDF
On Tuesday, April 28, 2020, Cabrini celebrated our first ever remote Arts and Research Symposium. Please click on the following links to view the: 2020 Undergraduate and Graduate Compendium, April 28,2020 Graduate Symposium Program, and the 2020 Research Journal - PDF
On Tuesday, April 30, 2019, Cabrini celebrated its students’ scholarly and creative accomplishments. Please click on the following links to view the 2019 Symposium Program, the 2019 Symposium Abstract Book, and the 2019 Photo Highlights.
For more information, contact:
- Undergraduates: Sheryl Fuller-Espie, PhD, at 610.902.8369
- Graduate Students: Michelle Szpara, PhD
- IRB Questions: Ruta Clair, PsyD, CBIS, at 610.902.8351; or David Madway, MBA, at 610.902.8178