Microsoft Outlook Setup for CabriniOne Email and Generic Email Address users
- Click the Start Menu and select Control Panel.
- For "View by" in the top right corner, choose "Classic View" or "Large Icons."
- Select the "Mail" icon.
- Click on the "Email Accounts" button.
- Choose "New…"
- Select the option to "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" and proceed to the next window.
- To configure your Cabrini Email account for IMAP, select "Internet Email" and hit next.
- Enter in your Internet Email Settings:
Your Name: What you would like displayed in the From field to other people when you send a message from this account
Email Address: youruserID@cabrini.edu (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
Account Type: IMAP
Incoming mail server: imap.cabrini.edu
Outgoing mail server: smtp.cabrini.edu
For CabriniOne users, same as CabriniOne login.
For generic email address users, same as http://mail.cabrini.edu login (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org and its corresponding password).
- After entering the settings, select More Settings to configure the mail server settings.
- On the Outgoing Server tab, select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication". Select "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"
- On the Advanced tab, for both Incoming and Outgoing servers, enable SSL for the encrypted connection. Change the Incoming Server to port 993 and the Outgoing Server to port 465. Once completed, hit OK to return to the previous window.
- Click Next. Outlook will test the settings. Click Close and Finish.