Information Technology and Resources (ITR) Faculty Staff Newsletter
Please feel free to contact ITR if you have a request, suggestion, question, or need technical assistance with Cabrini equipment in the classroom,
office, or otherwise. We will do our best to accommodate.
Domain Password Expiration Email Reminders
Shortly before your password expires, you will be sent an email that provides instructions on how you can reset your password.
More information about your Cabrini Accounts can be found here: http://www.cabrini.edu/itr/accounts/
Discounted Software: Adobe Creative Cloud Available
Cabrini College faculty and staff are entitled to an array of discounted software from Microsoft, Adobe, and more.
Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud Subscriptions can be purchased for less than $10! For more details on how to purchase please visit: http://www.cabrini.edu/itr/software/software/discounts.shtml.
A variety of products are also available through JourneyEd; visit http://www.journeyed.com/select/ and choose College, then Pennsylvania, then Cabrini. Click on the Educator link in the upper left-hand corner.
Fall Semester Software Requests
As we prepare for software and hardware deployment, please send an email to ITRHelp@cabrini.edu to make certain your software is available for the fall semester, please include the following information
- Your Name, Department and Contact Information
- Name of the Software
- Software Manufacturer or Vendor
- Number of Licenses
- License code or codes
- Room and/or Computers where the Software Should be Installed
Cabrini Classroom technology can be found here: http://app1.cabrini.edu/classroomtech/.
Computer Purchasing and Replacement Procedures/Policies
Please see our website to review the policies concerning computer replacement and budgeting for computers and peripherals for new positions.
The policies can be found at: http://www.cabrini.edu/itr/Software/Hardware/policy-computers-cabrini.shtml
Leaving the College
If you will be leaving the college or have an employee who will be leaving the college, please review the ITR policies concerning computers and data on our website at: http://www.cabrini.edu/itr/accounts/accounts/policy-leaving.shtml
Unable to Make an ITR Training Session?
If you are unable to attended a scheduled ITR training session then one-on-one and/or remote/online training sessions can be arranged.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your training preferences.
Keep Your Email Address Off the SPAM Radar
At the server level, most spam is caught. However, here are some tips on how to keep your email from being spammed:
- Do not post your email address on a publicly searchable Web page if, avoidable. It is good practice for departments and organizations to use functional rather than personal addresses, for example, ITR's address: email@example.com. (See our article on departmental emails in this newsletter!)
- Only give out your email address to reputable organizations if they have good privacy policies. For all other sites, if you must provide an email address, use a free one from a service such as Yahoo or Gmail.
- Never reply to spam or use the "option" to unsubscribe - doing so only tells spammers that they have found a real person to read their messages.
Departmental Email Accounts
College departments have the option of requesting a departmental email address for official business.
- An address such as firstname.lastname@example.org is catchy and easy for customers to remember.
- A departmental email address could enable a group of people to share the correspondence workload e.g. any of ITR's Support Specialists can address issues sent to ITRHelp@cabrini.edu.
- A departmental email address helps protect the College's business continuity interests.
- The departmental administrator of the email account can easily remove access from a departing employee.
- Note: If a departing employee continues on at Cabrini (as a student, or working in another area, you would not want them to receive email on your department's behalf. If a departing employee leaves the College altogether, then you would not want the email sender to received a bounced back email.
For more information, please contact us at ITRHelp@cabrini.edu or 610-902-8366. Please see the Departmental or Group Email Accounts section on our About Email page for more information.
IT Systems Sunday Maintenance Window
Every Sunday from 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM is reserved for software and hardware maintenance on the network, Banner, and Banner-related systems including Cabrini One, Hyperion, Web Financials, and other related systems.
If these applications are not operational during this window, a message is posted on Cabrini's ITR homepage www.cabrini.edu/ITR and on Drexel's IRT homepage www.drexel.edu/IRT.
In the event that you anticipate need operation of these systems during this timeslot, it is important that you contact ITRHelp@cabrini.edu as soon as you are aware.
For more information about classroom technology, computer replacements, software acquisitions, procedures, and policies; please browse www.cabrini.edu/ITR, or contact us.
The 15-Minute Rule
If you are trying to solve a technical issue and 15 minutes have passed without success - stop, and call the Help Desk. We are here to help you.