Mass Mailing Distribution Lists
Mailing List Email Addresses (Target Audiences) and Procedures
There are two types of dynamic listservs: Announce and Official. Announce emails are not released until the evening, while official emails go out within 15 minutes and should be used only for urgent, important announcements.
After the initial submission of your email, a message is returned requiring your approval. Simply click on the link in the message and your email will be released through listserv. Once a message has been approved, it typically cannot be retracted. If it is an official listserv (for urgent important announcements), it will be delivered in approximately 15 minutes or less. If it is an announce listserv, it will be delivered that evening.
A limited number of administrative departments have the capability of sending mass mailings to these lists. Typically a dean, director or vice president requests specific mailing lists for their employees to have access to, rather than all of the lists (for instance, all announce faculty and staff listservs is one common choice).
Announce Lists (released in the evening, for most announcements)
- All Community Members Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-ALL-L@lists.drexel.edu
- All Faculty/Staff Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-FACSTAFF-L@lists.drexel.edu
- All Staff Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-STAFF-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Full Time Staff Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-STAFF-FT-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Non-Temporary Staff Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-STAFF-NT-L@lists.drexel.edu
- All Faculty Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-FACULTY-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Full Time Faculty Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-FACULTY-FT-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Adjunct Faculty Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-FACULTY-ADJ-L@lists.drexel.edu
- All Students Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-STUDENTS-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Undergraduates Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-UNDERGRADS-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Freshmen Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-FRESHMEN-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Sophomores Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-SOPHOMORE-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Juniors Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-JUNIOR-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Seniors Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-SENIOR-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Non-matriculated Students Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-NONMAT-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Certificate Students Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-CERTIFICATE-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Masters Students Announcement - CABRINI-ANNOUNCE-MASTERS-L@lists.drexel.edu
Official Lists (released immediately, for urgent and critical announcements only)
- All Community Members Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-ALL-L@lists.drexel.edu
- All Faculty/Staff Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-FACSTAFF-L@lists.drexel.edu
- All Staff Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-STAFF-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Full Time Staff Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-STAFF-FT-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Non-Temporary Staff Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-STAFF-NT-L@lists.drexel.edu
- All Faculty Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-FACULTY-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Full Time Faculty Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-FACULTY-FT-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Adjunct Faculty Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-FACULTY-ADJ-L@lists.drexel.edu
- All Students Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-STUDENTS-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Undergraduates Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-UNDERGRADS-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Freshmen Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-FRESHMEN-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Sophomores Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-SOPHOMORE-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Juniors Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-JUNIOR-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Seniors Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-SENIOR-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Non-matriculated Students Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-NONMAT-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Certificate Students Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-CERTIFICATE-L@lists.drexel.edu
- Masters Students Official Notice - CABRINI-OFFICIAL-MASTERS-L@lists.drexel.edu
Submission of Mass Mailing Requests to ITR
Mass mail requests require the approval of a Dean, Director, Vice President or President of Cabrini College.
Send the following to email@example.com:
- Name of contact person, including person's telephone number and email address.
- Name of mailing lists to which mail should be sent (see above).
- Confirmation that the request has already been approved and the name and title of the official who approved it.
- Date when mail should be sent.
- Subject line of message.
- Content of message in plain text format.
- References to web pages are encouraged; the URLs should be written out in the text, not simply given as live links.
- Limit attaching large and multiple files and graphics. Where attachments are necessary, compress them before sending.
- ITR requires one business day to process a message after its receipt with approval. Be mindful also that, once sent, mass mailings may take some time to be processed by the server (typically 15 minutes or less).
- Editing of content is the responsibility of the requester. Retraction of approved messages is typically not possible.
- ITR recommends that events be announced at least three days and not more than ten days before the event. Reminder messages are strongly discouraged.
- No commercial messages are accepted except those deemed beneficial to Cabrini College.
- Mass mail lists will not be sold, rented, given, or otherwise made available to groups or individuals outside Cabrini College.
Please visit the Email Policies page for more information.