RADNOR, Pa. (Oct. 11, 2012) – Cabrini College today thanked Pennsylvania State Representative Bill Adolph (R – Delaware County) for the Commonwealth’s support of a roof restoration project on the College’s signature building, the Mansion.
The College received a $500,000 grant from the Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program for the two-month summer project (total cost: $1.5 million) to help preserve the structure which is used for administrative functions and cultural programming.
The restoration project was led by KSK Architects Planners Historians, well-known for their historic architectural preservation. The finished project replicates the Mansion’s original clay tile roof, which had been replaced in the 1980s with an asphalt-shingle roof.
GSM Roofing served as the main contractor. The new roof is made of terracotta tile, which, according to KSK, should last for 75 years. The amount of tile and material used for the project is impressive:
In photo: Cabrini College President Marie A. George presents Representative Bill Adolph with a framed print of the Mansion, a building on the National Register of Historic Places that was designed by famed architect Horace Trumbauer at the turn of the 20th century.
About Cabrini College Students do extraordinary things at Cabrini College, a residential Catholic college welcoming learners of all faiths, cultures and backgrounds. Founded in 1957 by the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the College provides a transformational “education of the heart,” focusing on academic excellence, leadership development and a commitment to social justice.
Cabrini offers 1,400 full-time undergraduate students more than 30 majors, pre-professional programs, concentrations and minors. Nearly 1,400 students are in graduate studies programs at the main campus in Radnor, Pa., and at 12 off-site locations. The College’s serene 112-acre campus is located 30 minutes from Philadelphia.