Microsoft Outlook Setup for Generic Group Email and CabriniOne Email users
- If you already have Outlook set up:
- In Outlook, click the File menu on the top left.
- Click the "Account Settings" button and choose Account Settings.
- Click the "New..." button.
- Choose "Email Account" and click Next.
- If you are setting up Outlook for the first time:
- Open Outlook and click Next on the Startup screen
- Choose Yes to configure an E-mail account
- Choose "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" or "Manual setup or additional server types" and click Next.
- Choose "Internet Email" or "POP or IMAP" and click Next.
- Enter in your Internet Email Settings:
- Your Name: What you would like displayed in the From field to other people when you send a message from this account
- Email Address: userID@cabrini.edu (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- Account Type: IMAP (select from drop-down)
- Incoming mail server: imap.cabrini.edu
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.cabrini.edu
- Don't click Next yet! Instead, select More Settings to configure the mail server settings.
- On the Outgoing Server tab, select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication". Select "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"
- On the Advanced tab, for both Incoming and Outgoing servers in the drop-down menus, change the encrypted connection from None to SSL. Double-check that the Incoming Server is port 993 and change the Outgoing Server to port 465. Once completed, hit OK to return to the previous window.
- Now click Next. Outlook will test the settings. Click Close and Finish.