Marie Angelella George, Ph.D. (2008–13)
Dr. Marie Angelella George set the priority of providing students a global education focusing on academic excellence, leadership development, and social justice. Dr. George oversaw the implementation of Justice Matters, the College’s groundbreaking core curriculum that engages all students in real-world, community-based problem solving.
During her tenure, Cabrini College doubled the number of Living and Learning Communities and developed an expanded First-Year Experience to engage incoming students. In July 2010, Dr. George introduced the President’s Initiative on Mission Integration to promote dialogue, reflection, learning, and action within the framework of the College’s Catholic intellectual tradition and Catholic social teachings.
Antoinette Iadarola, Ph.D. (1992–2008)President Emerita
During Dr. Iadarola's tenure, the College experienced tremendous growth. Undergraduate enrollment increased from 732 to 1,700, and the number of resident students tripled, to about 1,000.
The endowment and annual operating budget increased exponentially, and the College saw $100 million in capital improvements. The College raised its regional and national profile among Catholic, co‑educational colleges.
New and renovated buildings during Dr. Iadarola's tenure included the Dixon Athletic Center, Founder's Hall, the Bruckmann Chapel, several residence halls, the Center for Science, Education, and Technology (now the Iadarola Center), and the Edith Robb Dixon Field.
Sister Eileen Currie, MSC ’66(1982–92)President Emerita
Under Sister Eileen, groundbreaking curriculum change came when the faculty voted to make community service a requirement.
Cabrini was recognized as one of the first colleges in the country, and the first in Pennsylvania, to integrate community service into the core curriculum.
Enrollment climbed to 720 undergraduates, with 300 more in master's programs and the Continuing Education Division. A new degree-completion program called Cabrini Organizational Management Program was a success for adult learners.
Sister Mary Louise Sullivan, MSC ’63, Ph.D. (1972–82)President Emerita
During Sister Mary Louise's tenure, the College grew rapidly. Student activities and athletic programs expanded, including a Black Student Union, International Club, co-ed Athletic Association, service programs, women's volleyball team, and men's basketball team.
Construction began for seven new student residences, or houses, and the College's first student-activity building, the Widener Center, opened.
New academic areas were developed, including English and Communications, psychology and social science departments, and the College received approval to begin its first master's degree program, in education.
Sister Regina Casey, MSC (1969–72)President Emerita
Sister Casey was responsible for substantial advances in the student body and in adult education. In 1970, male students were admitted, and in 1971, Cabrini's Evening Division, aimed at working men and women, opened.
In 1972, Cabrini became the only suburban college to participate in the federal Career Opportunities Program, through which older students earned degrees.
Sister Regina then was appointed Superior General of the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Sister Gervase Lapadula, MSC (1968–69)
Sister Gervase established the College's first development department.
In 1969, Cabrini's first fundraising campaign raised $5,000.
Sister Gervase dedicated Woodcrest, the College's first modern residence hall. During Cabrini's first years, the Mansion served as dormitory for the students.
Sister Ursula Infante, MSC (1957–1967)
Sister Ursula Infante first visited Woodcrest Estate in 1954, and became founding president of Cabrini College in 1957, with 43 students in the first class.
Sister Ursula dedicated the College's first buildings, including Sacred Heart Hall (now Founder's Hall), the Bruckmann Memorial Chapel, and the Holy Spirit Library.
Sister Ursula remained active within the College community until her death in 2001 at age 104.